Friday, February 12, 2010

I can't really add much of anything to what has been said by everyone involved about Chuck's situation. Ultimately, it's better to be proactive than reactive. I'm glad, in a sense, for Dick. He has said in the past that he wants to work in the service industry. Now, although it may be a different service than what he'd hoped, it is, never-the-less, a service in the industry, albeit the service of the industry or experience of life.

I think there is something in all of our genes about the wanting to, or the need to serve. Everyone in our family unit has worked, or works in some facet of a service industry. Where this comes from is any one's guess. I believe that some in this experience of life are 'takers' and some are 'givers.' I believe that we choose who we are based on our past life experiences. Some are 'late bloomers' that only recognize our place when we are directed into it. I see myself as a 'late bloomer.'

I must defer to Dick, Illa, and Mitch's judgment as to Chuck's state of being. Also though, I will be interested to hear what the neurologist has to say about Chuck's mental state. I have to believe that the combination of improper diet, job stress; which I believe has led to strokes, and lack of taking prescribed medications has led to Chuck's present condition.

Thank you, Dick, Illa, Carlene, Lili, and Mitch for all you've accomplished.

Jim

4 comments:

Peter said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

I will not be posting the results of the neurologist comments, but i will be sending an e-mail out to the family after we see the Dr. Some things are just easier that way.

Teresa Garcia said...

Sounds good. I'll be watching for the email.

Illa said...

Me too. I don't think I have seen anything yet.