Sunday, March 23, 2008

#4 -- or (the twisted mind of Dick)

I dwell on the past to much as it is. I guess its the only thing i really have since the future is so unknown,
There are so many things i would have done different. I think the question is,
What would of you done different that would have changed the direction, of your life and how would it of changed the direction of the consequences of that decision.
If i would of not smoked that first joint, how would that of altered or directed my decisions.
If I would of stayed in school and not dropped out and went to live with mom, would i of gone to college or dropped out later?
not hitched hiked around the states for the next year or so. or would that happen down the line.
When i was in the service i was qualified to go into UDT which would of been a big step in my career. instead i chose to continue on with my rebellion and smoke a joint in boot and get caught. resulting in disqualifing me for UDT.
there are so many questions I ask myself and wonder if its part of my life no matter what i would of done different.
is our future predetermined and we just follow that outline for our lives or do we actually have choices and that directs the flow of direction our life follows.
But what makes us who we are and what we are to others?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually this is a good topic also !! I was much like you Dick, stole a car, quit school joined the army, received my G.E.D. there, never got caught, traveled after the army and met Illa and started to change, went to college and started for an A.A. in psychology and anthropology and fire science, ended up with an A.A. in police science, then wok, why the difference. just a change or two and who knows ?

Sandi Hooper said...

This is a really deep post--very thought provoking. Not that I'm surprised, or anything.hehehe


I don't think that our lives ARE predestined. But I think a lot of what happens is based in how we respond to what we perceive about what's happening to us. I think that we can chose to learn from our lives, or we can chose to stumble through blindly, claiming to be victims. Either path will get you to the final destination, just the victim path is a lot more painful.

It's not what happened to you: it's what you've learned and how you're using the lessons now that matter.

when I say you, I mean humans in general.

Peter said...

Dick; that's not twisted! (someone call the men in white coats)

Anonymous said...

Dick, I'm gelling on my reponse. Have a great day today. You can't do anthing about yesterday.
Jim

Peter said...

Amen Brother

Anonymous said...

Forget the reponse, it'll never come. I'm gelling on my response.
Jim

Anonymous said...

NOT TRUE !! you CAN do something about yesterday. You can admit the mistakes done and change the actions for the next time. (I do you you know this) just I do believe NEVER forget, learn and make better choices next time

Jim said...

In terms of predestiny I feel that we have chosen a goal and life purpose that will further our soul. Everyone, I believe, is on a journey to do just that. There are no mistakes, but rather, just learning opportunities. At some point, we learn what we should do. For that reason, I do not believe that God gives us but one a life to show our worth, for a life with him.
I think that we all can look back on our life and think the ‘what ifs.’ Hind-sight is always the best view, but unfortunately not of use unless one learns from it. But, I have to come to believe that we have an opportunity to see and choose our future life experience. This is not to say that our life experience is a life of predestiny, but rather a life of choices to further us along our soul experience. Those around us are there for us to learn from as well as for us to have a positive effect on.
Jim

Peter said...

Amen brother