Sunday, October 19, 2008

Update on Ben 10-19

Well, not much new is happening. Stilll unable to get Ben home. Was going the Hospice route but they are End of Life Comfort only. So still waiting to get a nurse to stop by. Ben was a little weaker this week and still loosing weight. He had been up to 144 but is down to 135 yesterday. Have been trying to get the dietian to up his protein intake to raise it again. He accidently pulled out a drain after it had finally started to do it's job again. Some things are starting to look better. So until we can get a nurse or find out what the Dr.'s game plan is, he has to stay there. It is a cluster there. Hope we can get out of there soon.

He is holding up mentally. Still getting outside but not as long ans the last couple of weeks. Yesterday someone tried to stop him from going out to his usual place. I guess Ben won. Will be back down there on Monday evening hope to see the surgeon or learn that he stopped by. Almost a month there and he hasn't stopped by yet.

Teresa came to the house last night. She is here for a few weeks. It is good that she is taking a break. She needs a rest.

So until I know more this is it. Have to leave for work, so you all have a good weekend. Love to all from us, Ben, Illa, Teresa and BJ and the Kids.

6 comments:

Peter said...

Thanks Illa for the update. I talked to Ben yesterday, but your a whole lot better at information than he is. He did tell me about the weight loss and protein issue- way to complicated for my understanding. We need to keep praying that it will get resolved.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I just have trouble telling people my pains and issues.

Anonymous said...

Ben this is Lisi, and lili is posting this for me: Hope to see you fatten perty soon, you need someo of my cooking, you were always a little to skinny!! ha ha, love you, praying for you and hope to see you soon, I kow what it's like to wait, it can be frusteration, we never did to have pactience, it's always hury up and wait. Love Lisi

Peter said...

That's ok Ben, that's Illa's job. I think all us guys are about the same.

Jim said...

Well, I take that as good news if Hospice won't take Ben. Maybe they heard about the issue of him wanting to go to his usual place outside! I hope that's not what has kept the surgeon away. Ben, be nice to him when he gets there! If you hear muffled talking outside your room, check it out.

Jim

Dick said...

thanks for the update Illa. I had a feeling that last itme i talked to him he wasnt telling me something. he is stubborn buzzzard. I can understand his reasoning though.