Thursday, September 6, 2007

Jim's exercise routine

I thought you all might like to see the weight lifting program that I've been doing twice a day.

Begin by standing in an area where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lb potato sack (yes, I like potatoes) in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax. Do 10 reps at his level.

Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks (yes, I eat a lot of potatoes). Stay with the 10 reps.

After a couple of months you may feel like you are ready for 50-lb potato sacks (that's a good sign). Eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level). Isometrics are really effective muscle builders.

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks. I'm working on this one.

Jim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU BUGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter said...

Now this is an exercise routine I can live with!

Hey, I heard from Suzie today. She is very busy, but says she is well and feels blessed. She and Darryl are coming over for dinner when she gets a break.

Anonymous said...

What kind of potatoe?

Jim said...

FYI. Sandi emailed me this exercise program and I adapted it to my liking.
I would suggest the smaller the potato the better. I understand with rigorous muscle building programs such as this you don't want to overtax yourself. I'd probably go with seed potatoes just to be on the safe side.
Jim