Tuesday, September 4, 2007

WOW, Just watched the cd you sent us Whitney and Michelle, you did a great job. That was so sweet of you. We have been thru Paso Robles twice now, going and coming on Hy 101 to 46, always yell a hello, don't think you heard us, even though I have been told a have a big mouth.
As for books. We could open a book store, plus we lisen to lot's of audio books in the truck. I am more light reading and probably not most you guys taste in material. I love Dean Koontz, Michael Crichton, Danielle Steel, Stephen King, garden books.

This is Rick,I just read a little book called "Nine Days In Heaven" by Dennis and Nolene Prince. Its about a lady in the 1800s who went into a catatonic state for nine days and was taken on a tour of heaven. It was very inspiring and insightful. It gave insight into the value of Christ's life, death and resurrection from heaven's point of view.It also made a strong point about our need to develope our characters and to overcome sin through the blood of Jesus.

As I face the ripe old age of 60 this year, I find myself in need of a stronger walk with the Lord. Looking back over my life, I see so little that is worthy of eternity. It seems that our priorities are all about stuff that we can't take with us when we go.

I was so inspired by the love displayed in Bonnie's family. ( my family now too)
Truly we can encourage each other along the right path.

Thank you Peter for your spiritual leadership. You inspire me to keep on keeping on. We look forward to seeing you all next year. Its also good to know that we are being directed by Luria, protected by Auntie 007, and humored along the way by Jim, Dick, Ben, Whitney, Rich, {thanks for the great boat ride.} We are tentatively planning to move back west in the spring, mostly because we want to see you all more often. Lisi, you are a real kick, you may have us all laughing our way back to health. Ben and Ila, we were glad to have a chance to see your home and to get better acquainted. Suzy and Darrell, what a great couple. It appears that you two are really good for each other.
Also, all the kids were so friendly, we just felt right at home.

Hope Karen can come next year and Chuck too. What a great family! LOL,Rick

Ok, this Bonnie again, way to go getting in touch with Chuck, as for you Chuck, we need to see you reallllly bad, you are in our minds and hearts always, don't be that missing link, you make us complete, so SEE YOU NEXT YEAR, OK, OK.
LILI, CALL ME, I DONT HAVE YOUR PHONE #. I love you Lisi, I am so excited about moving back West, I think we are both going to get jobs driving school bus, not sure where yet, all we know for sure is that we are going to really simplify our lives and spend more time camping going to the beach and visiting family. We are going to sell everything and get back in shape and enjoy the thinks that matter the most. Life is going by to fast and there are soooo much to experience yet. We love ya all sooooooo much, each of you enrich us beyond words, I am so proud of my brothers and sisters and all our kids and grandkids, what a gift we have to be able to really be a true family after all we have gone thru. My heart breaks for other families that have been torn apart and decide they want nothing to do with eachother, they dont know what they are missing. God has truly blessed us. LOL Bonnie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting to hear that you are planning on the move!!! I have thought of you both so many times since the reunion. I have little green frogs everywhere...so I see Rick and Bonny everywhere!!! Hope your week is a good one. I start my 2 years of school tomorrow night but I already had home work to turn in the first night of class. A book to read and 2 papers to write!! Hey Rick that book sounds very interesting. I will give it a read at Christmas time. Love you both very much. It was so wonderful to see you. Love, Gi

Anonymous said...

ahh WOW!!! Thats my big sister blah blah blah :)
not really, I enjoyed reading your post and knowing you guys are doing well.
Ya that book does sound good and i think i will try and pick it up.
Rick, what is so cool about God is he dosnt see us as we see us. We tend to look at ourselves thru carnal eyes, but God looks at us thru spiritual eyes and the at our heart. Remember His love has no condition, no if ands or buts.
Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

oh- and Rick, youve always been part of the FAMILY.

Anonymous said...

Families are somewhat like mosquitoes, they go away at times, but they keep coming back. We are family, even if we are separated by thousands of miles. It's great that we are all getting 'experienced' enough to appreciate each other.
Jim