Tuesday, January 1, 2008

'Hepy,' Healthy New Year to all!!

Evidently, according to the blog traffic, everything is pretty low key. I'll take that as "no news as good news." I've been dealing with a persistent cold and my back has been acting up some. I did go to the the doctor and she gave me some muscle relaxant pills, which work, but make me pretty docile (think slug). Even college football games are now interesting! I have to force myself to get out out the house and do things. We did go up in the hills (same place you and I went, Dick) and found a tree to cut up. Not high enough elevation to have much snow, but we did get out. But, this isn't really newsworthy. Pretty soon I'll be relegated to telling you about my lumbago and bowel habits! See, not much has been going on. Yes, I've really enjoyed this break. I guess I really needed the break.

Anyway, Happy New Year!!! The last couple of days I've had moments of reflection and planning for this year, but I've managed to not make too make commitments. A person doesn't want to rush into these things in a moment of weakness, pressure, or guilt from anyone. But, I did mention to Sandi that there's a Trinidad to Clam Beach run/walk for her to enter, and she signed me up too. Talk about plans backfiring! I guess I need to get off my duff. Lucky for me she signed me up for the 3 mile one. See, she does love me.

Rambling, that what I'm doing. After a crab dinner that Calvin helped prepare we had a dominoes game. Calvin is Sandi's nephew and is up visiting with us for the week. We didn't make it up until midnight last night. We watched the the ball drop in New York on TV, toasted with Randy, Claudia, and Calvin, shot off some fireworks on the back deck, kissed HB and were in bed by 9:30. See, pretty boring.

Our cold snap is somewhat different than in other parts of the country. It froze last night, 31* and 55* during the day. No complaints.

Anyway, if anyone had any resolutions and/or noble plans for this year, 'lemme know. Maybe that'll motivate me. If I don't hear anything, prepare yourselves to hear about my gizzard and lumbago!

Love, Jim

Final rain total for 2007: 85.7"
Rain total for 2006: 107.9"

2 comments:

Peter said...

Thanks for the update. Talk about irregularity......oh, we're waiting on that aren't we.

12am '08= no noise here whatsoever!! We babysat while Peter and Karissa partied.

My resolution this year is to learn how to make cinnamon roles.

Thanks for the rain fall amounts - there, you proved my point, The world IS coming to an ends" When, who knows. Happy new year, hope it is joyful for all. We'll be praying that Ben, Illa, Lisi and Dick's health improves throughout '08. PnK

Sandi Hooper said...

Amen and amen! Happy 08 to you all.