Saturday, January 19, 2008

Jefferson? Did someone say 'State of Jefferson?'


Reminds me of the time....................







when Andrew and I went over to Seiad Valley before Christmas to go fishing. This monument has been there for about 20 years and I've always wanted to take a picture of it. Notice though, I'm not wearing my lucky blue sweatshirt. I think someone stole it!

On other news, how many of you have an electric car dealership starting up in your neighborhood? NO, it's not me. I just read in the paper that a guy is starting a ZAP car dealership in Crescent City. Can you believe it, we really are a progressive town. I don't think he'll make it, but it's a good start. Especially considering the fact that there is already a dealership 80 miles away, and our PK is still the only one in town. My next electric car: aptera.com. I have to wait on those lottery winnings before I'm able to buy a Tesla.

Better guard your internet connection, it's the weekend and I'm feeling some opinions coming on. I'm sitting here watching the Disaster Channel (History Channel) and actually feeling pretty good as to where we live. They just said that a person is more likely to die from an asteriod hitting the planet, 1:20,000, than die from a tsunami, 1:50,000.

By the way, if you're in the neighborhood this weekend, stop on by. We're having a wood splitting day tomorrow. I've rented a splitter and we plan to split about 2 cords of wood. Not coming, aye? I didn't think so. But, if you get bored............

Have a good week,
Love,
Jim

2 comments:

other said...

Hey ! That looks a lot like a dozer on the Ross Ranch I drove. Wondered where I parked it. I am not sure is you know it but state of Jefferson is in the system and tells where the capital would be and who the governor was to be ! Actually pretty interesting. Hey, did you know up in Newel, north of us at one time there had been a Japanese detention camp. Right by Capt. Jacks stronghold. Modoc's who fought the calvary that came out of Crater Lake area ?

Jim said...

I remember visiting an interment camp south of Lake Tahoe when the kids were small. It was a pretty sad part of history for the US. It seems like we saw/read/heard (?) about the one around Capt. Jack's stronghold, but I don't know too much about it. There was a teacher at Crescent Elk, where Sandi teaches, that took a field trip over there every year. I'm sure part of the reason was that he wanted the kids to know the history. Hopefully, it won't be repeated.
Jim