Sunday, January 6, 2008

"A picture is worth a thousand words," so I won't write that much, except for the latest on my gizzard and lumbago.



Not enough snow, too much snow, snow's too mushy, no snow (here), it's hard to please everyone isn't it? The good news is that we're still here to complain, the bad news...there's still not the right kind of snow! We have rain. Is anyone interested in some extra rain? 4.6" here since Jan. 1. See, boring?

I took this pic about 2 weeks ago in our backyard in between a break in the rain showers. It's (was) a leaf of a Sweet Gum tree we have in the backyard. There was a break in the clouds, a lull in the wind, and the stars and moon were in line, and I happened to be in the backyard getting wood for the wood box.

It's good to see more of us online and back in the cyberspace world. These last two weeks for us have been, busy and playing catchup with getting rested up. The last week we had Calvin, Sandi's nephew, up here visiting us. He was MaryLou's son, and is now living with his dad in Santa Rosa. He has Aspergers Syndrome, so has a hard time socializing with others. We met his father in Garberville (150 miles, the halfway point) yesterday and came back to CC last night.

So, back to school tomorrow, and so, back to the routine. Unfortunately, I think I could get used to this sleeping in thing. God must know that I would abuse it, and so I must get up and go to work every day.
Jim

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a totally awesome picture, that's one great thing about rain, it makes everything so clean and beautiful. I'm sure Georgia especially would love some of that rain. Tenn. to but we are not as hard up as GA. Rick just went through Little Rock,
Ark. said it was 70 degrees.
Boy, we must to related,I love sleeping in like until, well never mind. Can't believe I got up at 5AM for 9 years to drive a school bus, although I loved it, not getting up but loved the kids. They use to bring me little gifts, even the HS kids. Wish they paid better here, I'd do it again.

Anonymous said...

won't write much ?!! Get a bigger leaf ! So now I gots ta dig in the snow and find a leaf to show you, brb

Anonymous said...

well, I'm back, no flowers yet !!