Sunday, January 18, 2009

I NEED A DOCTOR!!!!

Yes, I NEED a doctor that can find something wrong with me. Not my wife, a doctor. I need a doctor that can prescribe full retirement as the only cure. Full retirement with the caveat that I can’t pick up anything heavier than a fishing pole or my grandson, Gonzo. Preferably though, both at the same time. Also, the doctor must be willing to prescribe that I need to be able to “putter.” Not with a golfing putter, but rather the verb, putter, as in walking seemingly aimlessly around the yard. Note: “seemingly aimlessly.” Actually, when I walk “seemingly aimlessly” around the yard I do accomplish a lot and I do have a purpose. I would think the doctor a god (if that would make him feel godlike) if he would prescribe kayaking as a once a week treatment that must be abided by.

Come now, is this really too much to ask for? If doctors can prescribe medical marijuana for bogus sicknesses why not something simple like this?

Jim

P.S. Do we have any doctors in the family?
P.S.S. Yes, I did see Gonzo today, and yes, I did go kayaking today, and yes, I did putter today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a Doctor but I do like the sound of your treatment plan.

Illa

Teresa Garcia said...

I still say that it's a ski pole you're seeing. lol

Athena still plans to be a chiropractor when she grows up... can you wait that long? XD

Peter said...

Hey Jim, good news!!! I found a Dr. of Psychology who'll take you case. I told him he might be able to retire after this job.

Jim said...

Thank you for being willing to pay his fee. I'm forever indebted to you. I'll inscribe my kayak paddle with your name and recall the sacrifice you've made with every stroke I take.

Jim

Anonymous said...

I think your illness runs in the family. I need the same cure, but I think the doctor would add - work on stained glass projects!