Tuesday, January 6, 2009

BABY, BABY BABY, Gonzo is really cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I think I may need to get a larger hard drive for the computer. I have an idea that there will be many more pictures to come.

Gonzo, Claudia, and Randy came through with flying colors. Sandi and I aged about 10 years. Claudia was admitted Sunday evening. Sandi should really be writing this. She could give you a better centimeter by centimeter report than me. Just look at the clock in the background of the pictures and you can probably put together how long things took.

Through a lot of waiting Gonzo was born at about 3:05 p.m., Jan. 5 (he and Randy share the same birthday). He is really, really, really, really, really handsome. I think he weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz. and was 21 in. long. Claudia did great. If it were up to men to give birth I think that there may be a world-wide population decline. In fact, mankind and womankind would probably go extinct. I was with Sandi when Andrew was born and I forgot how awesome the whole experience really is.

I went to see him after work today and he's even cuter than yesterday. We had a moment while I was holding him and I think he conveyed the thought that he wanted a fishing pole, so I'll soon be shopping for newborn fishing poles.

I took some more pictures with my cell phone and I'll be posting them as soon as I can figure out how to download them.

I was present for his first diaper changing. I understand a little more about the La Brea tar pits and how they're formed.

Did I mention that he's really cute?

Grandpa Jim

9 comments:

Peter said...

Great pics and great account- left out all the gory details. Probably if we get into centimeter by centimeter, the girls might want to just email.

Anonymous said...

Details please ! Girl talk !!! You're so right my brother !!! LOL !!~!

Dick said...

ya, i think you did mention how cute he is. But hey your not prejudice are you. and you have every reason to be.
I dont think that that child has a chance with all the doting going on.
i think i found a fishing pole that he wants.
http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/fshpen402.html

Anonymous said...

I just knew that you would be gaga. Grandparents are always that way. The pics are great. I will have to make a trip over there soon. I have this thing about babies too. it is coll that they have the same birthday. Were they even close to the same time?? That would have been awesome.

Love Illa

Anonymous said...

I keep looking at these pictures and am so envious. I can relate to the feelings that you all were having but it is time to spread those feelings and share. It is such a great time. I was just thinking of the different siblings and the types of children that they had. Seems like only a couple of them had only straight boys or girls. It was interesting to me anyway and I was trying to remember what Bonnie had. Some had more girls than boys also. I just think of the strangest things. This is really neat.

Love Illa

Anonymous said...

Fishing pole, fishing pole... are you sure it's not skis that he wants, and you are just getting a fuzzy picture of a ski pole? Just so you know, they have these great kid digital cameras now that work well. I bet he wants one of those to take pics of his fingerprints.

*chuckles*

Very cute little guy. But now here's the scary thought. Because he's so cute he's going to have all the chicks swarming all over him.

Bonnie said...

I can't believe I want another picture of your feet, but I think we need a picture of Gonzos feet next to grandpas.
I had to go baby shopping today. I am so excited for you guys, another reason for me to wish I was closer to you all. Sandi, you must be in 7th heaven.
Love and hugs to your family.

Sandi Hooper said...

I'm sorry that I've been so distracted lately everyone, I hope you'll pardon my silence. I'm a little too much in love to be busy typing!

A couple of corrections: Gonzalo Garcia Hooper-Ramirez was born at 3:05 pm on January 5, 2009. He was 7 pounds 5 ounces and 20 inches long. Mother and baby are thriving, and grandparents are completely out of their minds in love. Father is utterly gone with love. You can see all of this in the slide show Grandpa Jim has attached to the blog.

Thank you all for the well wishes! NOW: you better all hurry up and come see the little guy. I am calling him Cutie Pie, but he answers to Gonzo. Jim said that Gonzo TOLD HIM yesterday that he wants to go fishing. I think that he just had gas. I'm busy making him some cookies, so I better go.

love to all.

Jim said...

The picture of our feet is coming soon. We have to catch Gonzo with bare feet. That's harder than it sounds. Me, I'll strip at a moments notice.
Jim