Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ben is finally home

Well, we are here. Tired, grumpy but clean now. Ben is finally asleep so now maybe I can get something done. Teresa had the house clean except for all the crap we have laying around. Dont know what we want to keep or throw away. Or where to put it for that matter. But she did a great job. Still have to put away all the stuff we brought home that is needed and decide what is junk and get rid of it. Left some stuff. Now to order stuff and they are supposed to provide it. I still believe that they charge our insurance for the supplies. Hospice was here and hooked Ben back up to his pain pump. Having to change his bandages more often again. He is at least eating something. Sherbet.

We have to let them know when we plan to head to the coast so that they can send up with enough meds and will probably have to check in with Hospice over there in case we need anything and it sounds to have them change the drug cassette. Pain in the butt thing but i guess they do have their policies to follow also regarding narcotics. None of us was too impressed with the ladies today. But they brought the stuff needed so I will keep my mouth shut as long as they provide the supplies. I still have to get a prescription for Ben for sleep as I didn't want him to have to sit for very long in the car. The 2 hour trip was bad enough even tho he took it pretty well. Only a little spitting of snow. boy was I glad about that. The day before it snowed good on Hatchet. Melted mostly by the time we came thru but you could tell it was there.

Well, I am going to close for now and see what I can do before going to bed. I know I am not going to get much sleep if the past 2 night are anything to go by. Talk to you all later. We still monitor the phone. I am sure glad that this election stuff in done. Now hopefully they will quit calling.

Love Ben and Illa

9 comments:

Jim said...

We're glad that Ben is at home. Our own bed is always the best, and I'm sure you feel the same. I hope he feels better about being there.
Do kee[ us posted as you're able.

Jim

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update Illa; I hope this updating is not too much a chore. What you can do is tell anyone you talk to to update for you. We all know that sometimes 'one more thing' is too much, so no pressure about the blog - OK? Please give my little brother a hard time from me. But let him know we continue to pray for him. We are eager to see you at the coast. I'm eager for all of us to meet at Jim n Sandi's and stay a few days. Sandi - two eggs, over easy, with hash browns.

Anonymous said...

Illa, thank you so much for the good news that you are home. Take care of yourself. You are as prescious as any sister could be. Please hug Ben for us and remember that I am praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Well the Hospice lady came and brought Ben's medication today. Most of it I can't start until tomorrow as it need to be taken in the am. He did not sleep well last night, but at least his back didn't hurt he said. So he is sleeping now. I don't think I will need to give him sleeping pill but at least I have it if needed. He at least spent the majority of the day in bed like I told him to as he has caused the incision to open a bit and leak. One of the drains won't drain, It got glued shut yesterday when traveling. The pants waist sat right across that bag and squeezed the warm glue into the holes. I tried to clean them out today and changed the bag but can't tell if it went in farther or not. Still won't drain. i hope they didn't grow closed this quick. Hospice also brought a portable suction machine today and I tried it on the bag and no go, so if I have to change all the bags again tomorrow then I will use it on the site. He is more restful today but still chasing the cats which I keep telling him to stop as he strains that incision when he jumps around. I tell him unless he wants to pick his guts up off the floor then he needs to stop that. Just yell at them, not chase them. Sometimes he listens and others I think it goes in one ear and out the other.

It has been snowing here most of the day. about 1 1/2 inches. Still the possibility of more. At least for the next day or so. I am not ready for winter yet. I got the sealant for the roof of the trailer but can't put it on until it dries out. I won't take it to the ocean until it is fixed and the lights are fixed. Would really like the electric brakes to work but still have to figure them out. I wired them but I may have crossed a wire or the safety catch has been activated and I need to find that and reset it.

Anyway, that is what is happening tonight. It is early so I am going to take a soak and try to relax while I can. You all have a good night and will talk to you all later.

Love Ben and Illa and Teresa (who's here), and BJ (who's not yet but hopefully on Sat.)

Dick said...

that is so funny!!! Ben out chasing the cats. I can picture it in my mind. it cracks me up. thats actually the best news ive heard for a long time. it might not be the best thing to do though,
maybe with the snow and all, you guys need to just stay put for a little bit. just my 2¢

Jim said...

Illa,
Tell Ben to stop chasing the damn cats! The cats are going to win this one for awhile. Don't get me wrong, exercise is a good thing. I think I'm going to send him a squirt gun. A guy is never too old for a squirt gun.

Jim

Anonymous said...

Illa, just want you to know that if you wish Jess and I could take the RV down to Jims, for you to use, just a thought. Please think about it. As I know how much the air and all would be great. Then you'd just need to drive to cc. Love Lili

Anonymous said...

We appreciate the offer but no need. Ben says that as we don't know just when we can leave no use to take it down. We want to spend some time camping with the kids at different areas and don't really know how long we would be gone also. It is nice thought tho.

Love Ben and Illa

Mrs Hooper said...

I'm so glad to know that you and Ben are home. I hope that you find some time to take care of yourself too, Illa. I hope that you're eating and getting rest when you can. Sometimes being home can be a lot more work. I know that it's good to be home, but please don't over do it.

I'm so glad that BJ & Teresa will be there with you this weekend.

I keep you in my heart and prayers. And I send you all my love and best wishes.