Sunday, November 30, 2008

Trying to burn back field

Well, I have no fear of being picked up as an arsonist. I have been trying to burn the back field for 2 days now. It just doesn't want to burn. It really should have been done a month ago to burn off right. Oh well, will just have to keep at it. Needs a bit more wind and I have the edges done now so I don't have to worry about setting off the neighbors fields.

Ben is still hanging on. He hasn't had any more siezures since taking his medication. His breathing is really shallow and is only conscious once in a while now. He sleeps most of the time even with the TV on. He is seeing things now. He rarely eats and drinks only when I prod him. He prefers ice to anything else. At least if he doesn't eat he doesn't get nauseaous. He is so weak now that he can't pull himself up in bed. I hate to see him this way. I pray the Lord takes him home soon so that he doesn't have to suffer anymore. I am so glad that you all got to see him out of the hospital. He hated to have you see him that way. He wants you to remember him as the person who was always doing things, physically active.

Well, I had better go and get dinner. I love you all

Love Ben and Illa

7 comments:

Sandi Hooper said...

Illa, we love you too, and think of you all the time. We wish that we could somehow DO something that would help, but know that there is no thing. It's just time, and time will do the thing that none of us are able to do. But know this, you are with us, in our hearts and on our minds constantly.

Much love to you and Ben and the kids.


love and hugs,
J&S

Anonymous said...

Dear Illa, know that Jess and I are with you in our heart's. Sounds like God is calling him home. I just hope he goes peaceful and has Ben knows, what a joyful time when we can be together again, laughing and sharing funny stories, hugs and all to all. I am so greatful he was able to share Thanksgiving with you, and see BJ marry his love, how special. I know this is hard for you, and all of those he loves, Ben knows that his brothers and sisters will be there for you. I know it's hard for you and the kids, know that we are their in Spirit and prayers, also know that Lisi, sends her love and she does understand her brothers wishes and glad you are being supportive of his wishes. We love you all.... Jess & Lili

Jim said...

Illa, we're glad that you made everything that Ben wanted happen for him. You got him out of the hospital, you brought him to enjoy the ocean, you've been the one taking care of him. Thank you. You're quite an amazing woman. Maybe that field not burning is a blessing in disguise. You need something else to think about.

Anonymous said...

what jim and sandi said. xs2. i know that you are doing what needs to be done and taking one day at a time. it seems that God gives us strength when we need it the most to deal with certain situations. and he for sure has given you His strength.
NOW go take care of the fire barrier before spring pops on. ;)
love ya sis.
D

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful for us to know how you are doing through this difficult time. I wish I could express how grateful I am for your patience and goodness to Ben. My words are so inadequate so I will add my appreciation for Jim and Sandi's and Dick's. Take care and make sure you get some rest too.

Peter said...

Dear Illa, as you know, the Garcia/Rouzaud siblings had a rough start to our lives. After that we all had differing ups and downs. But the important fact is that God has never left us, and in truth, he has blessed us abundantly. One of these blessings is that he has given us angels to get us closer to him. Karen is my angel, and you are Ben's. You have been the catalyst for him to become the man he is. And the fact that you're with Ben now is evidence that God really loves him; and though it might appear his suffering is sometimes intolerable, I am confident his soul is at peace, because his angel's with him, and so is God. Thank you dear sister. Peter and Karen

Bonnie said...

Illa, your communicating so faithfully show your deep love and faithfullness in these terrible times you and Ben and the kids are going through. Thanks you so much. Being so far from family is especially hard right now but you fill that gap. And as much as we appreciate you, think how much more Our Heavenly Father treasures you. You are a inspiration to us all. Just remember, you are never alone. God Bless you, Rick and Bonnie