Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Illa

I just want you to know how much we, and i think im talking for the whole family, appreciate you. your commitment and dedication to taking care of your husband and our brother. I also appreciate the time you take, after a long day of working and taking care of Ben, to stop and let us know what is going on. Days must seem so short after all you do. I am glad that the kids are there to help you around the house and give you some relief.
In the short time that i have gotten to know Ben I believe that he is overwhelmed by the love and compassion and the sacrifice that you are making for him. I think that Bens heart is just pumping with pride over his wife.
I believe that if the roles were reversed that he would be doing the same for you.
Dick

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen. Great words. could not say it better. hugs

Anonymous said...

how great it is the love we share as a family, yes Dick, as brother's and sister's, we need to support how we would like our life. Ben is loved by all of us, and it's wonderful to see Illa, back Ben up for how he wants to live his life.... We as a family support that Ben is seen the backing from all of us. Jess and I love you and know that we'll always be there for family and their personal wishes 1000%. Safer at home now day's, with what is seen in places. Jess and I also wish to let you know Dick, we are there for you.

Jim said...

Very well stated, Dick. You express the sentiments of all of us very well. Yes, Illa, that is how we all feel.
Jim

Anonymous said...

I thank you all for your faith but I get so frustrated right now.

The plan is to take off with Teresa and the kids with us and head over to Crescent City first. Going over the road from Grants Pass that Jim and Sandy take all the time. That really depends on how Ben is. But that is the plan and to stay there for a few days then down to Patrick's Point for a few days.

Sometimes I am not sure if we are going to make it. Ben is slipping into Alzhiemers at times and I know it's not from the drugs as he is coherent quite a bit of the time. He had a siezure of some sort during the night last night and took quite a while to bring him around. He had quite a bit of company today which cheered him up but also wore him out. Teresa and I had quite a time trying to get him to bed tonight. He is getting really weak and zones in and out. Trying to get him to eat is quite a job and even the incentive to get to the coast doesn't really help.

Athena and Merlin are taking a week off school so they can go.

Like I said, I am glad and thankful of your faith in me but I am only human with all the shortcomings. I Love you all too. You are my family.

So good night everyone and hope to see you later.

Love Ben and Illa

Anonymous said...

Illa if you need me, please let me know....if for you, Jess agree's, as Lisi is in great hands and jess is here, Lili. I do know how it is and so does jess as he knows and agree's with this.