Monday, November 24, 2008

Not going to Redding

Well, it doesn't look like we will be going to Redding today. Ben is so weak that he can't get out of bed and I am not going to submit him to that long journey which would still take 2 days even to make it more comfortable for him. He is throwing up more often and not taking in enough fluids to compensate.

Ben talked to Nancy Ross Tikker on Saturday evening. It was a surprise that she called. I had called her son, Clay, on Friday and left a message. Not really thinking that he would pass on the message to her. I didn't get to talk to her long but it was nice that she called.

I still haven't figured out what you all were talking to Ben about for February. The only place that I can think of is Burney Falls and it is a State Park. There are cabins there I do believe. It is 1 hour west of us. There are only a few motels around us. One in Adin and one in Bieber. Feb. is a bad time to camp due to the temps unless you have an electric heater to put in the trailer or tent. It could be -35 degrees then. That is usually when we have the long cold snaps. Sometimes lasting 2-3 weeks. It is about time for one of those to hit as we haven't had one that bad for a long time. But looking at the Farmer's Almanac I don't think it will get that cold this year but I could be wrong. That only happens once in a Blue Moon but it does happen.

So untill later. Love to ALL.

Ben, Illa, Teresa, BJ and extended family.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear BnI; so sorry to hear your having a rough time right now. We'll be praying this will pass and you can make that trip to Redding.

Yeah, it was Burney Falls, I couldn't remember the name before. I've been wanting to go there since Ben told me about it. Around here we get some good weather in February, so I was hoping we could get together in a cabin/trailer situation sooner than next summer. I'm hoping more of us can make it this time. The more times we have like this, the better the chances our schedules will work out. Illa, please say hi to my SWEET brother Ben.

Sandi Hooper said...

Hi Illa,

I'm glad that you and Ben aren't driving to Redding today. I hate to think of him trying to deal with all that. I hope he's feeling better soon.

sending hugs.
S=)

Anonymous said...

Bonnie said,
Illa and Ben, I think home is probably the best place for Ben right now, he waited a long time to get there. You have done so much to the house, it's good he can finally enjoy just being there. Just wish he wasn't feeling so bad.
Rick is finally getting home tomorrow or Wed. after 1 1/2 months away. He's having serious problems with his blood pressure and sugar, he could be loosing his job.
Illa, keep those funny emails coming, I need the laughs. With all you are going through, those emails mean so much to me. Love you dearly

Jim said...

Sorry to hear that Ben is not feeling well. We do hope that he's able to control his pain medication enough.
Jim

Anonymous said...

Illa, thanks for keeping us up on the latest with you guys. I love you both very much.