Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sandi and Athena


Did you know - Jesus REALLY liked kids. Think about it. Kids can be a real nuisance. They can be loud, demanding, discourteous; they take tons of time and energy; you gotta tell them just about everything, then you have later remind them (about a 1000 times). But Jesus really, really loved kids. I think one of the reasons is demonstrated in the pic of Athena. Full of faith, hope and love; Pure, innocent, non-prideful, simple believing and wholly real. In fact, Jesus said we have to be like a kid to enter into his kingdom (Matt.18.3). God, make me more like a kid. Peter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful picture.... So true

Sandi Hooper said...

Well, I don't like all kids, but Athena is a special friend to me. She's a lot of fun. One day during the visit, I got to spend time alone with Merlin and Athena both and we had crazy mad fun. I felt like a kid again. And I felt very lucky to get to be with them both. Teresa must be a very very special mom to have such sweet children.

Anonymous said...

sandy I am so glad, yes I agree, their mother is wonerful with them and so loving, as I know they can be a handful... I love it that I can also be close to them. I wish that Lueria could have had the her kids close to Lisi and me, we have missed this, but we also know how busy she is. She does spend time with them, that Lisi was not able to spend as she was working to help raise her girl. We are planning on having thanksgiving with Suzy, she invited us for the holiday, first time. Looking forwards to seeing her family and spend time with all, taking what I picked up to set the location. For family reuion and richardo.