Sunday, March 22, 2009

Been kinda quiet here ...

Ok, so how is everyone. I'd really love to hear how everyone is doing. I see Dick & Jim having been having a great time. The newest family baby, is growing fast. And he is so cute.

So what are the rest of you all doing?

I went to see a little restaurant just out of town up the McKenzie today. It is just the right size. It has been my dream for years to have a jazzy little place, a Bistro of sorts that features art and antiques, as well. I think this could be that place. The owner is looking to lease/opt it. So I am going to brainstorm and see if I can stretch myself further and swing this little place. My kids will work it. It also has an older trailer house on it, with over an acre of land. The house would have to be replaced at some point. It has a drive-up window for sales, an outdoor patio and plenty of parking; right off a major vein east towards the mountains, Sisters, etc.

Bianca & Jordan just spent a week in Pheonix with DaDa and Shawnee (12 & 13) while Kara went on a 4 day business trip. They said it was way too hot and they totally appreciate Oregon weather. I don't think they will ever have kids, either.

Mike and Chardo both have birthdays this week. I just can't beleive my kids are catching up with me. Here I am only 45 this year and they are 33 & 38. What's up with that?

All in all life is good. I am still working all the time and still don't think people really want to work. I've advertised for weeks for a caregiver or resident manager and haven't found one yet. I think I'll take my plea to homeless people. I have a great little room ( 2 actually ) that would be perfect for a couple or a person. A semi-retired person/couple would be great. I really just need someone to do evening/nights and breakfast. I can bring others in 9-5 or 8-6 etc. A place to live, food and a salary, plenty of time off and no takers >>> course you have to be drug free, pass a criminal backgound check and deal with me .. that must be it. I think I scare people. But I can't be too careful in this line of work. You'd think this would be great for someone.

Well hope you all post how things are going and I hope all is well for everyone. If I get my little place open ... come visit and dinner is on me. I'll keep you all posted on my progress. I'll have one someday, if this one isn't it.

XOXOXO

4 comments:

Peter said...

Suzie; there is something appealing about that kind of eatery. Sure sounds like a lot work though, but I guess your used to it. Hey, didn't you turn 45 a few years back when at the coast in Astoria?

Sandi Hooper said...

Suzi, I sure hope that your diner deal goes through. That sounds like a heap of fun and if anyone has the energy for it, I believe you do.

And good luck on filling that position. Hope you find exactly the right people!

hugs.

Anonymous said...

try portland, lots of people would move. Craiglists does great too for finding people. hugs and love you.

Jim said...

Peter, Suzi is so busy she doesn't have time for birthdays. That's how she stays so young. Think of the Sufi Whirling Dervish dance on steroids, that's how busy she is. Wow, I got tired just thinking of that.

Jim