Thursday, March 26, 2009

home

Well, after a late start,I left Crescent city at 8am and got to P.land about 3:45. It was a nice but difficult drive. the weather was overcast but nice. no rain, but lots of traffic. Spring break ya know.
Before i left CC i took another trip around the loop and stopped infront of Castle Rock. Jim had tried to talk me into getting up early to see the alutian geese. i finally got a chance to see them. there were a couple (thousand) flying around the island. it was pretty amazing. it seemed like it was a constant flock circling the island in a white cloud of movement. i wish i would of taken time to see them earlier in my visit but oh well.

I really appreciate Jim and Sandi opening up their home and their heart to me and allowing me to stay as long as i did. Sandi really has a heart for being a hostess and is a good cook also. Jim has been very blessed to have her.
Jim well hes another story:) if you plan on going on an adventure with him make sure that you are properly dressed or have a change of clothes. Because you will either get wet or dirty. he is so full of energy and knowledge, that being his little brother its embarassing. i wish i had half the energy he does. It was really good to get to know both of them a little more.
Omaha, well what can i say. Hes a dog. but he is a very good companion.
They have done a great job raising their kids. and i know that they are very proud of them.

I wish i could really express my gratitude to them for everything they shared with me while i was down there.
I love you guys. And thank you.
Dick

I took 521 pictures. WOW!!!!

10 comments:

Sandi Hooper said...

Well, it's awful doggone lonesome around here tonight, and so we had to go see Gonzalito. Jim doesn't have the heart to have any ice cream and we're just sort of wandering through the house. It was sure good to have you here, but I just don't understand why you had to go rushing off so soon!

Take care. I meant everything I told you.

hugs.

Anonymous said...

Dick I am so glad you took the time to visit Jim and Sandi and enjoy the beauty of the CC area. Lydia and I enjoyed hiking with Jim and Andrew to look for Big Foot's pooh. Well, we didn't find any signs of Big Foot, but we still talk about the fun we had in those few short days. The only thing that would have made the visit better would have been if Sandi was there instead of suffering on the "Rivera" in Mexico that summer! I can hardly wait for the reunion.

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home safe. We did too. It was great to see you all but too bad we missed Gonzo. I am still kicking myself that I let other things interfere with that.

We stopped at Patrick's Point and stayed in the same cabin that Ben and I would stay in. It was cloudy and abit rainy during the night. We spread some of Ben's ashes on the beach at high tide and watched the waves try to take the sticks away that we put on the spot. The waves would not come in strong until we moved back up the beach a bit. Then one of the waves brought in and deposited a beer can right next to it. It was kind of funny but it wasn't Natural Ice, it was a Shclitz Light. But a beer is a beer. Then when we got back to the top of the trail the fog and clouds burned off and the sun came out and became a beautiful day. It was trying to talk us into staying longer but we had to leave to get back fairly early. It was a good trip across. We figured that it took us as much time to cross that way, over 299 as it took to go up to Grants Pass and 199. So 6 of one and half dozen of another. Six hours either way.

Take care everyone and will talk to you later.

Love Illa

Peter said...

Jim and Sandi remind me of my good buddy Phil. Some of you might have met him; he's one of most generous and hospitable people in the world. I've come to the conclusion that GOD made people like that, because people like me fail so much. God has supplemented society with that kind of goodness until the rest of us learn to practice what we preach.

Sandi Hooper said...

Illa & Teresa, Thank you for letting us know how things went at Patrick's Point.

I'm sorry you didn't get to see Gonzalo that night, but you know, isn't it human nature to go where we're needed first instead of going where we really want to go? Those guys needed you that night, and you were where you needed to be. Right now, being with Gonzo is just joy for us. Kind of like a little taste of heaven.

But that part is just going to keep getting better and better! So, keep coming back!

Randy & Claudia thought that the little shoes were very cute and Gonzo liked the ducky. Anything brightly colored holds his attention now.

It was so good to see you all. It was a bright spot for us. You bring us much love and joy and happiness.

We can't wait until the reunion this summer!

ILLA said...

I am glad that he enjoyed the duck. I thought when I saw it, Like Grampa, like father, like son. Like a duck to water. He will probably be in it up to his neck. Anyway, it was a funny thought that crossed my mind when I saw it and just had to get it.

He will have plenty of time to grow into the shoes. he will be walking probably by the end of summer so he needs foot togs to have ready.

I was so glad to see everyone. My boss was telling me today that I need to take a few days off to recoup from my few days off. She said I looked tired.

Well, I had better close for now and get something done. Don't know what but something

Love to all. Illa

Jim said...

Illa, I'm already looking for places to introduce Gonzo to water, maybe even this summer.

A break from work is good when you have to get back to work to get some rest.

It was a good thing that you did in coming over here. Sandi was right, you were there for those that needed to hear from you. Gonzo will be here, and you'll be able to enjoy him.
Jim

Jim said...

Now, who's coming next? I need someone to go kayaking with, or maybe to get some wood, or just tramp around in the woods, or taking a dip in the river with.

??????

Jim

Anonymous said...

ya but jim, if gonzo is as smart as i think he is, he will wait to find the perfect spot to take a dip. maybe next time I will find it.

Oh and i ate 2 portions of ice cream. one of them was in honor of you.
Dick

Dick said...

as to my last statement. yes there are 2 ways that i like ice cream, alone or with someone, but its much more enjoyable eating it with someone else.