Monday, October 1, 2007

4 % and beating the odds !!!

Well, Peter asked, I was notified I had cancer June 2005. Last Oct. I was in the process of preparing for a secound operation and had been notified the cancer was in the lungs, liver and stomach via mastisis, so operations are not an option. One doctor told me he gave me a 4% chance to see then next October. Guess what !! I beat him, of course , only with God's care. Shortly after seeing that doctor I was notified of new treatments on the market and have been taking them Talk about God's time and timetable, I feel stronger than ever, I have been living on it. I asked God to help reunite Illa and I, help me to prepare the house and bills so she could survive on the retirement and help me to better understand His message to us. I feel He has answered each of my requests and even done more for me and us as a family. I do now understand what the word "faith " means and have even learned to have it. All things in His time. True, I do still want to be here,but,think of it, if all was hunky dory here, why would we want a better place to go to, why hope for a better life? btw I am reading a small book called Ten Commandments. Twice Removed. Written by Danny Shelton & Shelly Quinn. I think it is a good book and asks and answers good "
ponders".
Illa and I bought a cruise to Florida and a cruise to the Bahamas for next year, so, with God's help, you all are still stuck with me. Luv to all, brothers,sisters,nieces nephews,son and daughter and my wife. ( did I get everyon )? course I also mean the ones who married into our family too !! What a unique and great group of people !!! Ben

2 comments:

Jim said...

Good on 'ya!! Hope to see you guys sometime in October in CC by the sea.
Jim

other said...

That is actually a trip to Daytona (Car races), Orlando (Disney World), Vegas, and the cruise to the Bahamas. Really looking forward to the cruise. We have been to the other places, not the care races tho, have gotten into the Nascar thing and want to go to one. We were seriously considering the Inland Passage cruise in Alaska but as Ben is super sensitive to the cold now because of the chemo we decided we would do something else. It will be interesting to see how this winter goes here. He will probably look like a mummy to stay warm.

Yes, Jim we will be there the 1, 18, 19 and probably the 20th also. We have to be back here for Court on the 22nd. Hope we can see you there. We will be staying at the Cresent Beach Motel. That is a pretty cool place and next door to a great resteraunt. See you there. Illa