Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Anxiety : coffee, alcohol and sugar, The American Diet!

I actually love the rush of lots of coffee compounded by a sugar high brought down in the evening by a glass of red wine ! but I know what it does to my body. I amso body aware .. I can regulate my moods according to the food and ' stuff ' I put into it. But lots of people are not aware that pasta, potatos, rice and bread are all foods that break down to sugars, give little nutrition and raises the bllod sugar. Fruit juices that everyone thinks are so great are rarely fruit and mostly sugar. Most diet substitutes, drinks the candy bars etc are all carbs and the non sugar sugar are deadly. Processed foods have so much stuff in them they can sit on the shelves for years; how do you think your body can process them. Meats lie in the intestines for days, rotting while the stuff that makes them tender goes to the blood stream and pollutes. But hey, Dr and insurance companies are rich; who really cares about the ignorant people putting this crap into their bodies? How in the world do you think anyone can sell real food for less then a dollar?

So I really think most people now days have racing hearts, intestinal issues and mood swings .. and it's starts with the food. Put everyone on a diet of real food and I'll bet few suffer the common stuff we all share .. except maybe the extra vertbra and other weaknesses; again triggered by bad habits and diet.

But that's just my over-educated opinion!
LOL!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's my keyboard, I can actually spell sometimes when I'm not inverting my letters. LOVE YA ALL >>>

Unknown said...

Your making me hungry sis!

other said...

you know what they say about opinions.
they are like butts,
everybody has one and they all stink.
we just cant smell our own.

Jim said...

Good points. Hmmm..maybe that Adventist diet isn't all bad. National Geographic was pretty impressed last year. You're right, it's easy to take the easy way out. We all want things that are easy, quick, fast, and simple...at the expense of our health. Thanks for the reminder of how far we have devolved.

Jim

Anonymous said...

poor city slickers !!

Jim said...

Do you mean that it doesn't affect those that live outside the city limits? Or, are you fortunate enough to grow all your own food and needn't buy any of your groceries?
Jim

other said...

Naw, we still have to buy groceries. The kids at least got some on the corn from the garden. The night that they got a bunch it froze and then snowed several days later. Now it is all pretty well dried out so will shuck it and mix it with the pellets for the stove and burn it for heat. May as well get some use from it. Got 2 watermelons, small, and 1 cantelope and gave them also to the kids. Did have a good season with the zucchini. We all love that vegie. Our growing season is short here so sometimes we get a good garden and others not much of anything. But still anything we get from the garden always tastes better than store bought. So will continue trying to grow a garden every year. Some years it is only in the flower beds. I am going to try to raise some vegies in the house this winter in flower pots like lettuce and radishes. May as well try it as I do have house plants. Why not a few vegies?? Can you say "RED NECK?' It's not like i want to grow corn or something like that in the house. But then again, maybe one would? Ben might draw the line at that and I woudnt blame him. Illa

Anonymous said...

LOL I KNEW I would get a rise out of you JIM !!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim said...

Ben,
I love it. You made me question your post, and thus, your reasons for posting. Live IS good. As long as I can get a rise out of you. and you defend your perspective, LIFE IS GOOD!!! I thought I may be missing something in regard to health that those that live outside the city limits have a perspective on.
Jim