Saturday, October 6, 2007

Extra foot anyone?????????


It seems like I stick my foot in my mouth so often, I have trouble walking. So, does anyone have an extra foot in the family that I may borrow? At times I don’t engage my brain before putting my mouth in gear. At other times I run my mouth when I should be running my feet. Maybe, I’m getting too old with too many opinions (which are right, of course). Or, is it that I feel the world isn’t changing for the better as quickly as I want it to.

To go along with my malady, Sandi says that I leave a large domestic footprint. At first glance one could take that as a compliment, and my mind rushes back to all the home improvement things that I’ve done. But, I’ll not bore you with the long list; just suffice it to say that I have left a large footprint in our home.

Upon further consideration, I may take that compliment as just a point of fact, meaning, I have left a dirty footprint behind as I walk through the house. I'm not one to 'toot my own horn,' but I have to say, I may be gifted in this regard. I really, really do try to clean up after myself, but alas, I’m just too quick. I can make a mess faster than I can clean it up. Sandi credits me with being so efficient that at times when I walk into an area, and before I even get there, it’s a mess. Namely, places that no one else ever goes, like the garage, or my office. But, after almost 30 years of debating the fine points of how much of a mess I make, there are some things just not worth the heated oxygen to debate about.

On second thought, even if someone has an extra foot lying around, please keep it, do not share. There’s no telling how much larger of a domestic footprint I could make if I had another one, and I don’t care to find out, I’ve got to get busy cleaning this one.

4 comments:

Sandi Hooper said...

I'm really not this hateful. Honest.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm...........you're not hatefull, you're just the beneficiary.

Unknown said...

You gotta being kidding Sandi, I think most men understand, if it were not for women, a vast majority of us men would revert to Neanderthals. I suppose most men might deny it. I once saw a video of a fellow making contact with a tribe of Indian who never had seen a white man before. As they were describing the roles of men and women, they said , "a man's responsibility was to make war and kill food; a women's responsibility was to make children and make things beautiful". Now it may be true we don't all fall into these stereotypes, it's still clear male and female have gender qualities which attract us to the opposite sex. With me, God has used my wife to make me more civilized. So, if it were not for Karen I'd be just like Jim.

Actually, 'a wide footprint', is a very good description of my male characteristic. I think the 'Y' chromosome has a structure like an onion and this characteristic lays deep with in it. This may account why it is one of the genetic predispositions that is the last to be overcome. Besides, who wants to be like a girl.

Jim said...

Now, Peter, don't try to butter me up by praising me. I don't react to flattery. I 'yam what I 'yam.
Jim