Monday, October 1, 2007

Actually, I agree with you. Our whole life should be one of choosing Jesus over self and the world. Obedience is certainly on the basis of love and trust. I am not one of those who says that we can do whatever we want because Jesus loves us anyway. But looking back over my life I see a lot of broken promises and wrong motives.Even the best I had to offer was like filthy rags so... I just have to believe that if Jesus lives His life in me, he will fulfill the law and much more... without all the bad baggage that my own efforts left behind. Its a matter of learning to trust Him with my life... saying yes to Him, but the cool thing is, that rather than being stressed about my failures... I feel overwhelming thankfulness for His power and grace. I'm beginning to think I just might make it all the way. The Captain is in charge.

All of us are facing death and we become more aware of it as we get older. We get to a point where we want to know that what we believe is real and true. You have had an opportunity to face it a little more squarely than I have, but believe me, I can really relate to your desires for faith and obedience. God is with you Ben. He is guiding you. Your life is a testamony to us and we don't take it lightly because we are going through it with you. None of us can stand back and say,"That doesn't apply to me." There is only one door and we must all pass through it.

I love what you said about not fearing death, because there is something better on the other side. That's what makes subjects like this happy instead of sad.But don't be checking out just yet. We have a bunch more family reunions coming up and you are obligated... big time.LOL Rick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL SOOOOO true, as is the conflict of the english language. It is interesting to try and pick the words to convey what we feel and mean to mean. (not in a mean sense) !! ?? lol so" think about this" fits so rcorrectly !! worse yet, I understood it !!

Sandi Hooper said...

One of my personal favorite sayings is:

"Everyone dies, but not everyone truly LIVES."

Let us all live lives that matter.