Sunday, October 28, 2007

Just Lonesome

Hey Bored,
I'm not bored but I sure am lonesome, maybe that is why I write all of you so much. I have been keeping up on your blog Jim and Sandi. Did you know they just opened up a fossil exhibit here in Johnson City? I am going to visit it this week, they have had so many school buses and different groups in to see it, I've been waiting for a chance to see it when it isn't so busy.
Rick and I talk every day, thank God we have free calling. I won't see him until Thanksgiving.
Wish I could share some of the beauty with you around here. Every season is so awesome, just in my own back yard I feel so close to God. I have baby possums, raccoons, birds, squirrels, chipmunks, stray dogs, and cat that have learned, (even when I was on the road) I would be back to feed them. I have been blessed to see the babies of some of these animals return to my porch knowing it is save to eat within inches of this human.
The only way I can describe this little piece of heaven on earth that God has blessed us with is Peters and Karens house.
God has given us so much. Ricks boys have accepted me as a second mom. Pam and I are like sisters, Rick and Pams grandchildren are all of our grand kids. Rick had a dream when we came here that we could be family. I told him, " never, it would take a miracle" especially since after we moved here he sent me back to Oregon so he could try to "work thing out with his family". God has brought us so far and Rick has worked thing out with his family. The boys love us and they know we love them. His oldest missed the NW with all the rivers and mountains. If it is Gods will, Zack and our grandson will be at next years reunion. He wants to meet all his "cousin and nieces and nephews.
I miss my Amy, but I have so much to be thankful for. Rick send his love

3 comments:

Peter said...

Hi Bonnie; Sorry your so lonely. loneliness is something like pain (pain of the soul). I hate being lonely. I've read, solitude is different, it's most often voluntary. I'd never heard your story about Rick sending you back to Oregon. I probably would have said "impossible" too. What a wonderful testimony how God works. He gives "beauty for ashes" Isaiah 61.3

Jim said...

Bonnie,
If there's anything that is worse than a line, is me waiting in it. I'll go far out of my way to avoid a line. Any line.

That's a long time to be away from Rick. I don't think I could make it that long away from Sandi. I admit it, I'm a pansy. When I was going to Humboldt, I hated to be away from home any more than I had too. I'd leave at 6 in the morning to be at an 8:00 class, stay overnight in a overhead camper I had bought for the Datsun PU I had, then drive back Tuesday after classes to be home. I'd leave early Wed. morning to be at class at 8:00 and then stay overnight Wed. and drive back on Thurs. after class. See, I am a pansy. I hated being without my family. I guess it runs in the family. You come by it naturally.

Being in nature is very important to me too. Flying over such congested areas and seeing all the urban sprawl makes me believe that we've made a huge mess of our world. I think an appreciation for our natural world is very important.
Jim

Sandi Hooper said...

Bonnie, just sending you oooooodles of hugs and lovin', ok? Hang in there. It's so wonderful to have some alone time to make you hang on even tighter to your best buddy when he gets home. Life is so good, so precious, we're so blessed to have it all to enjoy. To everything there is a season. The autumn is a time of introspection. May you find your inner strength just now.

hugs.