Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bonnie

Lueria was so sweet and called me while they were up visiting Ben then handed the phone to him when he woke up so both Rick and I got to talk to him for a brief moment. Just to hear his voice was so bitter sweet. It is so hard not to see him, I have tried everything possible to get there but nothing is working out. This is so hard on all of us but I am so grateful for the closeness we have been blessed to have now. Like the saying goes, it is not the beginning of life that counts but the end of life and what we have done to find that love and connection to each other. Being able to forgive the past and look forward to a life ahead that will have no more sickness and death. A life that we will have eternity together. That is what I look forward to. This life is just a drop in the bucket to prepare us for what God really intends for our life with only joy and peace and happiness ahead, a time when distance and time have no meaning and pain and sorrow doesn't exist.
Illa, I pray for you constantly, that God give you the strength and the peace in the time of your life. It is so comforting to know you are there for Ben, I know he loves you with all his heart, he has told me this many times. Please take care of yourself.

I got a wonderful surprise today. Kara and the boys called me. I didn't know they had moved to the Phoenix area. I'm sure this is hard on Suzy but they seem really happy and Kara has a great job there. They moved to Scottsdale which is east of 1-17 and just NE of Phoenix. We just went by the our last trip out. Anyway was great talking to them, those boys are something else, they even called me on my birthday to wish me happy bday. Not to many kids like that these days that show love like that to old folk, that really touched my heart and I shows how well Kara has raised them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, good to hear from you even if it is via blog ... I'm actually flying down to see the boys on 9/11 ... I miss them, but only want what's best for my kids. And if she is happy, she'll do better there.