Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tue 8-26

Ben was better tonight I think. He rested most of the day. PT had him up this am before I got there. They must be up with the birds. I got there 8 am. He was in and out, confused in some of his speech but was awake longer and more quiet even tho he used his pain button quite a bit.

BJ called and talked to his father for a bit before Ben started dozing off. He had punched his button several times before the call.

A co-worker stopped by to see him for about 20 minutes before they had to change his bags as they kept leaking. It cheered Ben up to see him even tho it wasn't one of the ones that he really got on with. Then another co-worker called after the dressings were done and she was on the fire that broke out on Hilltop and Miracle Mile about noon. Burned about 143 acres in thru town to the Turtle Bay and Sun Dial Bridge. Grass and wildland mostly I guess. The news didn't say anything about structures other than they were threatened. It appearantly jumped Market street. We had some high winds here last night and today that pushed it.

Ben is still yellow. He is getting popsicles now with his crushed ice. Stil no juice yet or anything else. But at least the popsicles make him think that he is getting something to eat. It is strange but that is what the mind does. He is resting quietly for the night so I am going to take a shower and go to bed. I am still really tired. So GOOD NIGHT TO ALL.

Illa

4 comments:

Sandi Hooper said...

thanks for the updates please give ben our love
Take care

Jim said...

Illa,
We're planning to go to Redding Friday night to see you and Ben. We'll stay overnight and leave around noon on Saturday.

Jim

Anonymous said...

Do you need me to keep the room for you all?? Also is Peter and Karen coming down? If they are, I can keep the room and do the same ting with the Key, Leave it on Ben's IV pole, and then I can pick it up on Monday evening. If you wish to do that, then I can leave my sheets on the bed, I brought down my fitted sheets this time, and I can leave fresh clean towels here also. I brought those too. Let me know so that I can let the Supervisor know that I want the room for the weekend again for family coming in from long distance, so that I won't loose it next week.

I won't see you as I will be back home Friday unless you get here fairly early on Friday and I get home at least by 9 pm to get ready for work the next day. Just let me know.

Teresa and the kids will be here Monday afternoon/evening to see Ben and then have to bo back home so they kids can go to school the next day.

Illa

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think Glenda said something about Leuria wanting to come down too. I am not really sure what she said as at the time I was trying to figure out why Ben's sucky thing alarm kept going off.

Leuria, If you guys come down, there is no limit of people in the room. There is only one bed tho, so if you make it, bring your sleeping bags and put the kids on the floor. There would be plenty of room.

It would be cheaper for you guys to stay here even tho there is not a pool or hot tub like a motel. Not much for the kids to do but then you wouldn't be here to entertain the kids. So anyway, it looks like I need to keep the room so that there will be some place for everyone.

Let me know if this works out for you all.

Illa