Saturday, August 30, 2008

nothin

well heres a little break in the drama that is taking place in the family right now.
Afriend of mine that i havnt seen for about 8 months and asked me to go fishing today. i jumped at the chance to just get away from this city.
we went to the salmon river where it runs into the ocean. It takes about an hour to get to the coast from here, so we got to catch up on life and work,
we got there and the wheater was beautiful. the temp was about 65 - 70 degrees and sunny. water was calm and beautiful. for the next 6 hours i spent the time beating the water with corkies. AND CATCHING NOTHING.
it really dosnt matter, cus it was nice just to get away from all the stress and tension of living in this city.
OH!!! did i tell you i hate portland?
after fishing we went and had dinner in lincoln city. then home. i definitaly needed to get out on the river and plan on doing more.
Im glad about the report about Ben and it sounds like hes making progress. Give him my love.

Dick

3 comments:

Jim said...

Dick,
What you did was probably more important than what you realize. Anytime I have stress in my life, I find that I must do something in nature, on the water or in the woods. It seems to 'center' me and help put into perspective what is really important in life.

Remember though, your friend asked you to go fishing, not catching. It's kind of like shopping and buying, they're different. I don't mind not catching fish when I go, I just look at like I'm increasing my chances for the next time I do go. It sounds like you had a very memorable day!

Jim

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had some fun .. hey move down here ! I'll keep you on track with my lecturing ( oh I can do it from here .. lol ! ) on your dieting. But serously, when Chardo gets out you and your nephew can share ' healing '. You ahve no idea how improtant deit is when you are diabetic. It makes all the difference in the world, later! Love ya !

Anonymous said...

Hey Uncle Dick!

Well of course you didn't catch anything, you can't beat the river with cookies. You have to use bait but what do I know? I'm just a city girl, all I know about fishing could be fit into a cookie. Loved seeing you in Redding, hope your doing well. Love, T.