Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Things I forgot

Ben is in ICU room 262 for the next 2 days at least. Then after that, the nurse says he will be there for at least 5 more days probably down on the Oncology ward where he was. So, now it is in God's hands and the people that take care of him. I couldn't believe the difference in his size. He looks half of what he was. I'll have to rib him and tell him he should know now how it feels to carry a baby. He was that big and ungainly.

Also talked to Lili after Ben went into surgery on my way to get the kids from the mall. They were meeting there at Walmart as they did not know how to find the hospital. They are going to stop by to see Ben either on the way down or going back. I guess it all depends. I am so glad that everyone has made it to see him. I know that Ben doesn't like people to see him when he is sick ( this macho thing again with men, heaven forbid that they should be seen as weak or in that condition) but I could tell from the few people that have stopped to see him that he was actually glad to see them even tho he was out of it pretty much today. Illa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Illa. We're stilling praying. PnK

Sandi Hooper said...

Thank you for taking the time to update us Illa. Sending you all my love.

Jim said...

Illa,
Thanks for the update. We were all really worried but relieved that he came through surgery. I hope that the antibiotics are effective and his time in the ICU is short and he can get back on the mend.
Love, prayers, and good thoughts

Jim

Anonymous said...

I think Darrly & I will be going to see Ben this weekend at the hospital. Maybe we'll drive through Cresent City going or coming back. We were going to take a road trip anyway this weekend. keep us updated as you can. My love and prayers are with you all ..

Anonymous said...

ill be in the area on sunday and plan on seeing Ben. I will have to find a place to drop my trailer for a couple days.

Dick