Friday, September 19, 2008

Ben- Friday

Ben only got up to walk once today. The drains were leaking and it took all day to get someone to change them. He also didn't get his blood transfusion (2 units) until tonight. He is feeling pretty good but walking wears him out. The Dr. are again thinking about transferring him on Monday now as there is less drainage. Have to wait and see Dr. Malik says. I brought the stuff in the bag to his attention today and so he took the bags alittle loose to see just where it was coming from. It looked like it was coming from the bottom stoma which was good. So it is supposed to be separated into several bags again. So will see how that goes. Ben says it leaks easier that way which it probably does as there is such a large area to cover.

So we are still playing the waiting game. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Love Ben and Illa

2 comments:

Peter said...

Thanks Illa; you must be about ready to head East again. Have a good weekend. PnK

Anonymous said...

I am East. We had some light rain (sprinkles), lots of thunder and lightning, and even a dusting of snow on Big Valley Summit. A few fires started this time but not that many.

Ben did get up and walked 2 times today. He was a little off on his timing and thinking today was Friday and called over looking for me. My breakfast was getting cold. I didn't realize my phone had died until getting home from work and finding all these calls from Ben and BJ looking for me. He is pretty sure that they are going to release him to the rehab facility on Monday. So I am scrambling to also try to get the trailer ready to move. Kind of stuck on the lock at the moment. The one on there has no key. So took it off and rekeyed it. It is so worn that it doesn't always stay locked. So am trying to figure out another system to lock it. I have the stuff but it looks like it is going to be a job to retro fit it as the lock is so old I don't think I can get a new one like it. I won't take it until I can make sure it locks up some way or another.

It has been cold and windy here. Tried to rain but no go. I have the heat on tonight.

It doesn't matter to us where or when the reunion will be. It sounds like it will be at the coast which is where Ben wanted to be. The time I am afraid will have to depend on how Ben is at the time. Just name it and we will try to be there. Just can't make any guarantees. It would be good to see Chardo as I don't believe that I have ever met him and I hope he enjoys his time with the family where ever and who ever is there. He may as well learn on his first one that those who can make it will and those that can't, well, will try to get to the next one. Doesn't mean that they don't want to be there, just that sometimes circumstances dictate otherwise. I am just glad that everyone has tried to make it to them even those that have to travel really long distances.

Well, I had better close this litany and get on to the other things I have put off tonight. You all have a good weekend and talk to you later.

Love Ben and Illa