Friday, September 26, 2008

Revelation--Our economy sucks

So i got finished the sierra nevada run on friday and got back to the plant. The shop forman called me into the office and told me that our production is down 50% of what it should be and that by the end of the year they expect it to be another 30. 
So then I said so im laid off. he said "yep". they have cut back to 2 trucks going down south every week. ill be getting a couple of letters of recommmendation and i also have a special recognization  that should help.
Its a good thing i dont have to spell. :)

Dick

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you laid off now or in a few weeks? That sucks. Hopefully you will be able to get something soon. Good drivers are always in demand. Maybe they will keep you on for local. Hopefully also as you worked for a company, you will get unemployment. That should hold you over until you can get something. Something will open. Don't forget to try the counties and the state transportation departments. Thank you for everything.

Love Ben and Illa

Anonymous said...

now.

Jim said...

Wow, now that's a bad way to end the week! We hear of all the doom and gloom in the economy, but when it hits someone close to you it is really bad. Sorry to hear it. I'll keep my ears open for any drivng jobs around here.
Jim

Anonymous said...

that would be cool :) I would just have to change my license and give up my conceled carry permit.
the good and the bad.
Dick

Jim said...

I understand there's always a silver lining on every dark cloud.
Jim

Anonymous said...

we would have to work on completing the succession
before i would move to california, of course Brookings isnt too far away.
Dick