Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The latest on Chuck

Just wanted to fill everyone on the latest with Chuck. Mitch called last night and said that Chuck had gone to the hospital via ambulance. When he was admitted his blood pressure was 203/130. Mitch had thought that Chuck may have been suffering from food poisoning since he had been throwing up and feeeling dizzy. Mitch had seen him Tuesday afternoon and Chuck was still dizzy and tired. Mitch had found his blooed pressure pills and seen that Chuck had more left than he should have had. Which means that he had not been taking them on a regular basis.

This is a email I just received from Carlene today:
Hi! How you all doing lately?
Just wanted to fill you in on the latest.
Yesterday Chuck was not feeling well, he had been kind of depressed looking last several days and I kept asking him how he felt. Couldn't get much feedback other than ''ok" I ran to the store to get him juice and when I got back he asked me to call an ambulance (Mon night). He had been throwing up ALL OVER the place! He said he was dizzy. Hospital kept him over night. doctor called me and said they did a CAT scan and could see evidence of several small strokes. Dr said they would keep him another day (until Wed.) and bring in an advice nurse, physical therapist and social worker to see if he is eligible for Medicare or whatever. When I stopped by this evening he was better but says he still gets very dizzy when he opens his sees any motion. He is staying at Folsom Mercy Rm 118. The number is (916)983-7400. Pin number: 8937.
Will fill you in when I learn more.
Carlene

When I talked to her this evening she had said that she talked to the doctor and he had said that there was evidence of a previous stroke as far back as three years ago, and this last stroke had probably started about five days previous. At this point Carlene said that it looks like Chuck will be released on Thursday.

Jim

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, i am so sorry. I wish I was closer to help. thank you for the update. I will keep him in our prayers. This summer sucks for our families health.

Peter said...

Thanks Jim, Mitch and Charlene. This is really a heart breaker, he looked so good at the reunion, especially after we heard of his situation last year. We'll be praying too. PnK

Anonymous said...

I am praying for him also. I don't know whether to tell Ben yet or not. He has such a battle himself as he is no better. Worse actually. I was so hoping that getting his house situation taken care of would help more. I am glad that Charlene is there to keep an eye on him. Pass on our Love to him when you talk to him.

Love Ben and Illa

Anonymous said...

Jim - thanks so much for the update. What a blessing to have Mitch and Carlene. Hopefully this incident will help him get back on track with his meds. I agree with Lueria - "this summer sucks for our families health." Ok guys - no more health issues this year!!!! Love, Gi

Anonymous said...

I love you guy's, thanks for being there for Chuck, and yes, I agree with Lueria. I'm so glad to have seen him, as you know... when we talked and looking at him, he showed from looking at him and I agree, he's been having them for a while. I guess it runs in the family, this issue. Please kid's, slow down and smell the roses, as we seem to get them young, in the Garcia side. Learn stress reducer's, OK Love. Lili