Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ben outside

Ben has been up and walking 2 times today. He even made it into a wheelchair and went outside for 30 minutes. He is finally getting a few ice chips and a popsicile or two. He still has cruddy drainage and doesn't look right but I have been told that is what is to be expected. There is still a lot of stuff that shouldn't be there and I think that it should be flushed out everyday but again, what do I know. My thoughts are, better to be out than in and faster than what it is doing as it is chunky and thick but I guess that is what the Dr. wants. I know if it was me, I wouldn't want that in there eating things away.

Because of the drainage, Ben won't be released for about another 2 weeks. So, will see what happens. Ben is also getting blood again tomorrow. Not sure how many units but would suspect 3 again.

He has his phone again and the charger but only has it on again for a few minutes. So if you call leave a message. He will get it.

Anyway, I back in the room. So will talk to you all tomorrow night. Sleep well guys. Don't work toooooo hard.

Love Ben and Illa

2 comments:

Jim said...

Up twice and being able to go outside, that has to feel pretty good. Those ice chips and popsicles have to taste good too. Hopefully, the drainage issue will be healed up enough in two weeks so he can be released. It seems to be slow but forward progress.
Jim

Peter said...

More good news! Thanks Illa