Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ben's Moved

Well, Ben is at the new hospital. He is in room 291 A. He has a roommate. He got there about 6 pm. He was supposed to be moved by 4:30 pm but no such luck. I got to the hosp. at 6 pm but thought they had already moved him so I just got my room then went to check to make sure that he had been moved. Luck as they forgot a couple of things in his old room.

I was going to bring down the trailer but couldn''t get all the lights working so I refused to drive it that way. I was also going to stop and try to get it registered but also wanted everything to work just in case they checked. Oh well, there is alway next week and now I know what I need to work on.

Ben is very tired tonight. A lot of pushing and prodding and not accomplishing much. I hope it didn't take too long for him to get his pain meds. They took him off his push button thing and IV for transport and I don't know if he is going to get it back or not. Just have to wait and see what transpires I guess. He has his comp. now but too tired to work it tonight. So will see about tomorrow.

You can get him at Northern California Rehab Hospital. Number is 530-246-9000. His room number is 291 A. He also has his cell phone. I don't remember if there was a bedside phone or not. I was dead tired when I got there and barely functioning in my mind but did at least get an inventory sheet filled out of his personal stuff. So I don't know what all is in his room. I do know that I am going to have to get a better chair to sit in. Don't know how long he will be there. He still has all his bags and retention stitches. The big suction drain is stuffed into a baggie. I don't know what that is all about. Hopefully I will be more with it tomorrow to really ask questions.

So that is the newest news on this front. Will write more later. I am bushed.

Love Ben and Illa

2 comments:

Jim said...

Ben and Illa,
It sounds like like a pretty tiring day for both of you. I'm glad that this move is finally made though and Ben is able to recuperate there quicker.
Jim

Unknown said...

Yeah, maybe he'll get more rest, you know how those hospitals are.

Thanks for letting us know, now you can hibernate for a few minutes.