Thursday, September 11, 2008

Much better today

Ben had a better day today. Felt like getting his spounge bath and doing his hair. His pain is better under control. He was awake the biggest part of the day. I hated eating in front of his but he wanted to make sure I eat something.

PT came in today and did bed exercises. Stuff that wouldn't strain the abdominal muscles but work on keeping the arms and legs moving. I didn't get to see the incision today as it was still bandaged up from the other day and holding. Was collecting the drainage well. The Dr. said would go another day without liquids and see what happens tomorrow. At least he is peeing on his own and not straining too much. Not getting that much at a time considering how much fluid is going in by IV. His left foot is swelling but he can't seem to keep it on the pillow to elevate it. He is getting very figity.

So he is taking things very well. I told him about Suzi's trip and about Chuck. He was glad that he had someone living in the house who was able to help him. I think we all are. Thank you Charlene and Mitch for everything you have done. Hopefully we can keep tabs on him better. By the way, haven't heard from Dick lately. Are you still on this planet?? Or just really busy?? Or are you the anonymus poster??

Glad to see you on the Blog Teresa. Now if we can only get BJ on here too. I met some people here at the hospitality house from Mc Cloud. The girl played air hockey with BJ just the other night. That was pretty cool. Nice family. They are here because the lady's mother also has Cancer and surgery and tumors that can't be operated on so are doing the radiation thing. Pretty small world.

Well, hope you all have a good night. Talk to you tomorrow. Love to all. Ben and Illa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, it's a small world, and there isn't much else to do over there in McCloud. I think this is why Samantha is so good with her art, lots of time to practice! And you know how BJ is... doesn't write much. April and the girls were looking really good the last I saw them.

Glad dad is doing a bit better, and not at all surprised about his getting figity. Maybe get him some crosswords or a puzzle to work on to keep occupied and something to encourage moving his arms (or a cane to shake at people?) >.< His cane was one of the things that we lost, huh? There's a store in Mt. Shasta, I'll look in there for a nice one, then he'll have one again for when his back is acting up. Give him some further incentive to get his strength up more (not like wanting to heal up and get home isn't enough, just giving him a bit more fuel).

Jim said...

Sounds better. We need good news. I didn't call about Chuck last night, but I'll try to this evening.
Jim

Sandi Hooper said...

Illa, are you still trying to get home on weekends?

Please tell Ben we said hello.

hugs.

other said...

I know that I find it a small world, while out doing stuff. It seems no matter where I go, I run into people that i know. Also I find stuff happens in groups. I am glad to hear Ben is doing better. Love Aunty Lili