Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ben Tue night

Ben is resting easier tonight. The kids both made it for several hours until Ben told us to call it a night. He was getting tired but he talked a bit but mostly listened to us chatter while inspecting his eyelids. The Dr. moved him up to clear liquids tonight so now he can have his ice chips and popsicles. Which made him happy as soon as he got one.

He is still draining a lot but he looks like he feel better. He isn't pushing the pain button as much today. At least not while I was there. Today I spent about 4 hours on my medical things. Bunch of tests that were due that I had been putting off. So I got the appts. and got it done while here. I still need to pick up the order for my twice yearly thyroid blood test. I forgot about that and I may as well get that done now too.

Got to talk to Lici again tonight. She was able to talk to Ben for about 5 minutes. He started dozing off then and I woke him up and he said bye and gave me the phone. He was glad to talk to her. It is good that he gets to talk to all of you.

Well, you all get a good night's sleep. I am going to try. Love to all. And thanks for the funny story. I love stories that you can picture as you read it and it absolutely cracks you up. Heck of it is, a lot of the things have either happened to you or someone you know.

Good night.

Ben and Illa

2 comments:

Jim said...

Illa,
Thank you, it seems like he's making progress, albeit slow.
Jim

Anonymous said...

He's making progress from what I see. He was trying to share his popsicle with BJ and I last night. I'm glad we ate so we could turn him down since he needs popsicles more than us.

It was very good to see him, I wish I could get down to see him more often though.