Sunday, September 7, 2008

Question- have you been abducted by aliens?

I have a theory, all these folks that claim to have been abducted by aliens. I think all are copy cats, except the first guy. You see, I figure he was actually on drugs -Demerol to be specific. He didn't take it to well, and actually, while he was having a colonoscopy, he imagined he was suffering from an Alien anal prob.

So, have you felt like that? I hope so! But I don't know it. So far Jim, Dick, myself have confessed that we've had our colonoscopy; which, by the way the doctors say you should have after age 50. Then you should have one every 5-7 years, depending on your genetic propensity.

Ok girls, no one likes to talk about these things in mixed gender company, but I can't remember any of you saying you've had a colonoscopy. You don't have to tell us who you are. How about logging in as anonymous. I like to see a bunch of of "affirmatives".

BTW, there's nothing to a colonoscopy. Some do, but I literally did not feel a thing. I wasn't gased, but I did get Demarol and that put me to sleep; I only woke once, and for a second or so. As far as the yukiness factor, well, as Suzie has shared, the ladies go through a lot worse. Just figure you can put up with about anything for a few minutes and "just do it". Ok, how many need to get it done? Peter

9 comments:

other said...

I know that Lisi and I have, though they did find something and removed it, so she has to go in more then I do. She was checked out like crazy when she was in on all matter's. Lili

Anonymous said...

I don't count but I have had 2. Illa

Anonymous said...

I must confess, I think I may have been abducted by aliens. Actually, this is how it really happened.

After I was dropped off at the hospital I slowly walked in the hospital admittance surgery room and started the process of everyone asking me my name and birthdate. I really wasn’t too concerned until the doctor walked up to me holding a surgical knife in one hand and a styrofoam coffee cup chewing on a donute. The stir stick was ready to slosh out of the coffee. And, me? I was waiting helplessly in the bed, attired in the standard backless hospital gown, not really knowing where my pants were in the event I wanted to forego this adventure. The doctor first words to me were, “I think we may have a problem with you today,” all the while gesturing wildly with his knife.

Of course my mind raced to all the hernia horror stories that I had read about on the internet. I remember seeing this one picture of these natives on some island near Indonesia and these guys were standing and posing with their huge hernias. Spear in one hand, hernia in the other. They looked like they had 20 pound appendages protruding from their where their bellybuttons should be. Disgusting picture, right?

I hope you get the picture where my mind went when the doctor said that there may be a problem. He followed it up with, “but, no worries, we have a solution, it seems that we’ve double-booked our surgeries today.”

All the while he was waving his knife in my face with a slightly crazed look on his face. I tried to sneak a peak at his nametag to reassure myself that he was indeed a doctor, but he wasn’t wearing one.

“So, we’re releasing you to go home. Here’s what you’re supposed to do, listen carefully. We’re going to be doing a little hernia procedure on this person in the next room over, and you, since you’re older and more expendable, we’re going to let you be a hero to your insurance company. I’m going to give you this really sharp knife and an ear piece and you can take follow along at home while I do the procedure here at the hospital. Any questions?”

Just one, do I get any pain pills or anything?

“Nah, pain pills are for wimps. This is a simple procedure, just take this stir stick with you and bite on it next week when you take the bandages off. Oh, by the way, here are some Steri-Strips that you can use instead of having to stitch the incision up yourself. No need to thank me, just looking out for you.”

So, I hope that I’ve convinced you of the absurdity of being abducted by aliens and that I’m really not a sissy when it comes to pain. Don’t worry, it was a successful procedure, the doctor did just fine. Does anyone have any donuts?

Oh, you wanted to know about colonscopies?

Jim said...

Peter's right, "there's nothing to a colonoscopy," especially if it's happening to someone else.

Jim

Anonymous said...

OK - maybe I should call about getting one!

Peter said...

Our oldest sibling hasn't had a colonoscopy!!!! Bad Bad Bad. I had one this morning, only one polyp; Hooray. I was due for another. Why not, there was nothing to it. The young nurse agreed, so I asked "had she had one?" "no, but I do forty a day'. I think I'd still rather be asleep and have it done to me, than do it to others.

Anonymous said...

wives count too!!!!!!!!!!!, Let's hear from you all.

Sandi Hooper said...

I guess I'm still "too young"...

other said...

Sandy, never to young in this group, laugh. It makes us happy to know your safe, OK Lili