Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Heading For Arizona & Lisi

Well you know it didn't take me any time to book a ticket to see my kids in AZ. I'm heading there tomorrow. I'll be back next Tuesday. I'll get down there as often as possible. I might have to buy a vacation home or something if Kara stays way down there. I've always teased Kara about having a mother-in-law room in any home she might have. Hey maybe that's why she isn't married yet ! You already know I tell any prospective son in law .. I come with the ready made family package!

So I'll have pictures and stuff to report after I get back.

I had a great visit with our sister Lisi last weekend. She is doing well and eager to get started on maybe taking classes, getting back to her music, singing and maybe art. The twins were always so talented in all that artsy stuff ! She is working on beading and had made a beautiful necklace. I have high hopes for her. She has so much to offer. She's lived such a hard life with her illnesses and has so much to offer as a peer to others who have struggled to get life on track and keep it on track with the challenges she faces daily.

I hope all will keep in touch with her via e-mail, letters or cards of encouragement as she enters another path in her life. She is going to need positive re-enforcements to keep her focused on what can be with a carefully laid plan. She will be supported by a great team; which I hope to remain part of.

And for future references to diabetes and mental illnesses .. which family ... RUNS IN FAMILIES!!! .. Staying on track with blood sugars is imperative ! Being low or high can manifest as dementia ( loss of memory, anger outbursts, confusion ), depression, narcosis, phychosis, imbalance etc. Being anemic also manifests as mental illness. It also runs in the family. According to studies, 85% of mental illnesses could be eliminated by putting the mentally ill on B12 shots or the dissolving tablets. Most people are taking vitamins in the form of pills or tablets that do not digest in the digestive track, therefore are not dispersed properly.

So if you have loved ones who have any issues that look like any of these symptoms, please make sure you check for UTI's, Blood sugars, anemia, and allergies ... as an underlying issue for mental distress. I have taken care of brain injured and mentally ill people for years now, in my home, and most of it can be regulated with nutrition and vitamin supplements along with the needed meds the Dr. prescribe. But the meds alone can not alleviate the symptoms, they just cover them up.

Talk to you all soon.

Illa, give Ben my love and love to all of you and the family!

Suzanne

6 comments:

Peter said...

Say hi to Kara, and please give the boys a nooggy from uncle Peter.

Sandi Hooper said...

Suzi, I'm so glad you get to see Kara and the kids! Have fun!!!

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim said...

Suzie,
Have a great trip to AZ. At this point we have plans to go there for spring break. It's a nice place to go when it's dreary and rainy up here.

I'm glad that Lisi is making progress. I believe that when a person is allowed, or takes the time, to follow their latent artistic skills, it makes a person happy and gives them more self-confidence.

Chuck is having some problems with high blood pressure and I think that it's leading to other problems.

Jim

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are getting to go. We were wondering how long it would have taken you. Should have run a betting pool. Have a good trip and we Love you. I will pass your love on to Ben as he needs all the up beat stuff he can get. He is very depressed lately. Travel safe and tell us all about it when you get back.

Love Ben and Illa

Anonymous said...

Suzy, give Kara a big hug from San Francisco. I am so proud of her making such a big change. Love, Gi